Skip to main content

Recipe Share: Creamy Farfalle with Veggies

I got this delicious recipe from a cookbook that was created by a group of women I attended church with years ago. A friend, Amanda, submitted it. It is so easy and so versatile. I make it with a variety of veggies, and it always turns out perfect. If you have a hankering for pasta, this should be on your plate!
Ingredients:
1 lb. farfalle (bowtie) pasta, cooked al dente (with some pasta water reserved for later)
5 Tbsp. butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
AND/OR chicken, grilled and cut into bite size pieces
1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Cup Mascarpone cheese
pinch of ground nutmeg
1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 head roasted garlic (If I'm too lazy to roast my garlic, I'll just mince some up and put it in with the onion.)
(I added fresh chopped tomato to mine in the above pic)
fresh parsley, chopped
Directions:
Melt butter and saute onions until translucent. Add mushrooms and saute about 5 minutes. Add asparagus and saute an additional 5 minutes. Add in the pasta, stir in Mascarpone cheese and nutmeg and toss until coated. Add roasted garlic. Add reserved pasta water, 1/4 Cup at a time, until moistened. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
So delicious! Try it soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher Appreciation Gifts. By color.

With teacher appreciation happening this week, I knew I wanted to do something nice for my 3 kids' teachers. I fell back on my usual gift ideas, and did a combination of chocolate, gum, and goodies from Bath & Body Works. All women like those things, yes? And, yes, I'm kind of a color coordinating freak. I love things to match, so I first chose 3 chocolates at Target and then went to their dollar section and found a few things that matched the chocolates.  How cute are these pink and white thumb tacks? The little sticky notes are a very light shade of blue that I thought worked with the turquoise. And I loved the purple pencils and purple paper clips, too.  I made sure to get 5 small things for each teacher. Bath and Body Works always has cute little sanitizers, sprays, and lotions.   The white scalloped edge tins I found at Target in their party section with all the wedding stuff.  Luckily I had filler leftover from Easter, and I always have tissue p

Party 101.

I remember when my oldest son was 4 years old, and I wanted to plan a birthday party for him. I was overwhelmed with how to go about planning a birthday party for little kids. I wasn't sure where to start. All I knew was that he really wanted a Thomas the Train theme. Cohen, at his Thomas party. Up until then, we had always done birthday parties with family only, and they were simply eating a meal (often at a restaurant), opening presents, and having cake. This would be our first friend birthday party, where we'd have to plan activities and food for all the kids. I so wanted to have a party that was memorable for my son and his friends.  I emailed a friend of mine and asked her for advice. She gave me some great tips that I've used in all my parties since. My twin sister, Jaime, also has been a great source to turn to. She throws a mean party and is crazy creative. O ver the years, I've also learned a lot of things from trial and error, lots of trial and err

Teacher Appreciation Gift.

My son's school did a theme each day of the week for Teacher Appreciation... (flower day, note day, treat day, etc.) I spaced it and remembered last night that we hadn't done anything yet! ACK! So, to Pinterest I went and found this cute pin . Lucky me it came with a printable tag that says "ORANGE you glad it's almost summer?" I thought it was perfect. (And being OCD about gifts matching, this made me very happy.) Here's what's inside : Peach Nectarine Sparkling Ice drink - these are so yummy Lindt Intense Orange dark chocolate bar - one of my faves Dreamsicle candle from Walmart Country Chic lotion from Bath & Body Works Sweet Tangerines hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works Orange Tic Tacs and Tropical Trident gum Lots of orange-y goodness. Makes my mouth water. The silver bin I found at Walmart in the aisle with the vases and silk flowers. And the cute chevron orange ribbon is from Hobby Lobby. Cohen's te