Skip to main content

A Trolls Themed Birthday for sweet C.

My niece, Cate, happened to turn 6 years old while she was visiting us in AZ! Her mom and I were thrilled because that meant that we could have the party together! Cate wanted a Trolls themed party, so Jaime went with it. The cake turned out amazing and adorable, right?
How cute are the little toadstools?! Jaime bought them off Etsy a few years ago. She uses them a lot in parties.
The little edible flowers are from Walmart, and the banner she made with pink straws, twine, and cardstock.
Jaime put up these colorful balloons above the food table. I love how they made a big impact for not a lot of money.
I made these rainbow cupcakes. I think they're so cute and perfect for this theme.
Jaime served hot dogs, homemade mac 'n' cheese, salad, and fruit for the meal. If you've never made homemade macaroni and cheese, you must try it, at least once. It is really delicious, and not hard at all. Jaime and I love this recipe. I skip the step about adding an egg, since my kids are allergic to eggs, and I warm my milk in the microwave for a few minutes before adding it to the roux, and then the sauce thickens up super fast. I also don't bake mine in the oven at the end.. just serve it right after I stir in the macaroni.
I found all the colorful fun flowers at Trader Joe's. They have the best florals.
I love blue hydrangeas so much. The cute little purple topped toothpicks are from Michael's. The kids used them to eat their fruit with.
This fruit tray is just the epitome of what a kid party should look and feel like to me. I love it.
I loved these purple flowers!!
Cate's sister, Emmy was so cute sneaking little bites of sprinkles while we took pics.
She even tried to sneak a cupcake! Haha!
The games we played were really fun and quite entertaining. First, the kids did a scavenger hunt. Cate's dad asked the kids trivia questions about the movie Trolls, and when they answered correctly, they were given a clue to find the next question.
I was pretty impressed with how well the kids remembered the movie details. The bigger kid cousins hadn't seen the movie yet, so they weren't able to help the little ones.
After they answered the last question, they found their prizes.. trolls hair headbands. Some complete with sequin details and bows. How hysterical and awesome are they?
Then the kids played pass the parcel. We played the Justin Timberlake song from Trolls as the kids passed the package, and when the music stopped, the person holding it unwrapped a layer of paper. Inside they found a prize of some sort - candy or a small toy. They kept doing that 'til the whole package was unwrapped.
And last, the kids played Trolls Bingo with skittles as markers.
After we ate, Cate opened her gifts.
It's hard to believe she is 6! I remember the day she was born. She is such a sweet, beautiful, funny girl. I'm so happy we were able to be with her on her birthday!
Jaime took off the Trolls toys and put a big 6 candle on the cake before we sang to Cate.
And then it was cake time!!
Here's the layered cake in all its glory. Yum!
And that, my friends, is a wrap! It was a Trolls themed birthday we will all remember. So colorful, so fun, and so delicious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher Appreciation Gifts. By color.

With teacher appreciation happening this week, I knew I wanted to do something nice for my 3 kids' teachers. I fell back on my usual gift ideas, and did a combination of chocolate, gum, and goodies from Bath & Body Works. All women like those things, yes? And, yes, I'm kind of a color coordinating freak. I love things to match, so I first chose 3 chocolates at Target and then went to their dollar section and found a few things that matched the chocolates.  How cute are these pink and white thumb tacks? The little sticky notes are a very light shade of blue that I thought worked with the turquoise. And I loved the purple pencils and purple paper clips, too.  I made sure to get 5 small things for each teacher. Bath and Body Works always has cute little sanitizers, sprays, and lotions.   The white scalloped edge tins I found at Target in their party section with all the wedding stuff.  Luckily I had filler leftover from Easter, and I always have tissue p

Party 101.

I remember when my oldest son was 4 years old, and I wanted to plan a birthday party for him. I was overwhelmed with how to go about planning a birthday party for little kids. I wasn't sure where to start. All I knew was that he really wanted a Thomas the Train theme. Cohen, at his Thomas party. Up until then, we had always done birthday parties with family only, and they were simply eating a meal (often at a restaurant), opening presents, and having cake. This would be our first friend birthday party, where we'd have to plan activities and food for all the kids. I so wanted to have a party that was memorable for my son and his friends.  I emailed a friend of mine and asked her for advice. She gave me some great tips that I've used in all my parties since. My twin sister, Jaime, also has been a great source to turn to. She throws a mean party and is crazy creative. O ver the years, I've also learned a lot of things from trial and error, lots of trial and err

Teacher Appreciation Gift.

My son's school did a theme each day of the week for Teacher Appreciation... (flower day, note day, treat day, etc.) I spaced it and remembered last night that we hadn't done anything yet! ACK! So, to Pinterest I went and found this cute pin . Lucky me it came with a printable tag that says "ORANGE you glad it's almost summer?" I thought it was perfect. (And being OCD about gifts matching, this made me very happy.) Here's what's inside : Peach Nectarine Sparkling Ice drink - these are so yummy Lindt Intense Orange dark chocolate bar - one of my faves Dreamsicle candle from Walmart Country Chic lotion from Bath & Body Works Sweet Tangerines hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works Orange Tic Tacs and Tropical Trident gum Lots of orange-y goodness. Makes my mouth water. The silver bin I found at Walmart in the aisle with the vases and silk flowers. And the cute chevron orange ribbon is from Hobby Lobby. Cohen's te