Skip to main content

Friendship themed Relief Society Dinner.

I spent a lot of time planning for our big Relief Society dinner/Visiting Teaching Conference. After tossing around a lot of ideas, I finally settled on the theme of friendship. I saw this Mary Engelbreit illustration and quote that I loved, and it became the basis for the whole night. I had so much help from Jaime, my sis. She designed these awesome invitations and helped me so much as I planned the décor.
Another sweet friend, Katie, helped me with the food.. we decided to have it catered by Kneaders. We had to go eat there to really look at everything and decide.. ;) We even tried some desserts just to be sure.. it was fun, fun!! I bought this adorable polka dot teapot there that I just knew I wanted to use.
Another dear friend, Sarah, who is crazy talented by the way, went with me to Hobby Lobby and The Dollar Store with me for frames, vases, and other décor.. we found these adorable artificial fruits that ended up being perfect for the theme. I'd printed out a lot of Mary Engelbreit illustrations that were friendship themed, and bought fabric for the tables. I was amazed how it all fell into place.. the pictures that printed well ended up looking perfect with the fabrics I chose.. and it all just came together so well.

The morning of the activity, I had more friends, Angie, Shannyn, Taylor, Sarah, Shelley, and Camie all come to help me. It was so thoughtful of them, and there's no way I could've gotten it done without their help! Camie was so nice to go pick up salads for me at Costco that day which was a huge help, as I ended up setting up at the church until close to 1pm. But how beautiful do these tables look?
I was so glad that Jaime suggested I get confetti. It added the perfect touch. 
I bought gerbera daisies and sunflowers from Trader Joe's and they looked so happy and colorful. 
I found adorable cherry lollipops on Amazon that went with the cherry napkins and cherry straws. Taylor tied the lollipops onto the favors, which were laminated lists of how to befriend those you visit teach. Shan helped me by laminating them all and cutting them all out for me. 
Luckily, Sarah brought her cake stands.. I have a few, but she has some really cute ones that looked so great. And how cute are those tall milk bottles I used as vases? I found them last minute at Hobby Lobby and knew they'd be perfect for the tall flowers.
Shelley did an amazing job with the center piece decoration.. she made those huge flowers by hand! Aren't they awesome? She also made the cute cherry balloon garland.
The Kneaders food was gorgeous and delicious.
The striped black and white runners were actually wrapping paper and the black and white banners on the tables are from Target.
The key lime tarts were my favorite.. so yummy!! 
Also, I loved the cranberry orange bread. It was so tasty!
This was the table as the ladies entered the dinner.. don't mind the packing tape.. in my  haste I totally forgot it was there.. and I'm sure everyone was wondering why it was when they came in.. oh well!
Another table as the ladies entered.. and adorable cherry balloons Shelley made.
We didn't have as big a turnout as we hoped. But I think everyone enjoyed the dinner and program that night. I'm so thankful for such wonderful friends who are such a support to me. The program consisted of some ladies sharing their thoughts about visiting teaching and how it's blessed their lives. And then Ruth, our Relief Society president, shared her vision for visiting teaching in our ward and shared a beautiful video of about the Savior. It was all so lovely.

I'm wearing black and white stripes in the front row, second from the left.. yes, I had to match the décor. I have issues, I know. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher Appreciation Gifts. By color.

With teacher appreciation happening this week, I knew I wanted to do something nice for my 3 kids' teachers. I fell back on my usual gift ideas, and did a combination of chocolate, gum, and goodies from Bath & Body Works. All women like those things, yes? And, yes, I'm kind of a color coordinating freak. I love things to match, so I first chose 3 chocolates at Target and then went to their dollar section and found a few things that matched the chocolates.  How cute are these pink and white thumb tacks? The little sticky notes are a very light shade of blue that I thought worked with the turquoise. And I loved the purple pencils and purple paper clips, too.  I made sure to get 5 small things for each teacher. Bath and Body Works always has cute little sanitizers, sprays, and lotions.   The white scalloped edge tins I found at Target in their party section with all the wedding stuff.  Luckily I had filler leftover from Easter, and I always have tissue p

Party 101.

I remember when my oldest son was 4 years old, and I wanted to plan a birthday party for him. I was overwhelmed with how to go about planning a birthday party for little kids. I wasn't sure where to start. All I knew was that he really wanted a Thomas the Train theme. Cohen, at his Thomas party. Up until then, we had always done birthday parties with family only, and they were simply eating a meal (often at a restaurant), opening presents, and having cake. This would be our first friend birthday party, where we'd have to plan activities and food for all the kids. I so wanted to have a party that was memorable for my son and his friends.  I emailed a friend of mine and asked her for advice. She gave me some great tips that I've used in all my parties since. My twin sister, Jaime, also has been a great source to turn to. She throws a mean party and is crazy creative. O ver the years, I've also learned a lot of things from trial and error, lots of trial and err

Teacher Appreciation Gift.

My son's school did a theme each day of the week for Teacher Appreciation... (flower day, note day, treat day, etc.) I spaced it and remembered last night that we hadn't done anything yet! ACK! So, to Pinterest I went and found this cute pin . Lucky me it came with a printable tag that says "ORANGE you glad it's almost summer?" I thought it was perfect. (And being OCD about gifts matching, this made me very happy.) Here's what's inside : Peach Nectarine Sparkling Ice drink - these are so yummy Lindt Intense Orange dark chocolate bar - one of my faves Dreamsicle candle from Walmart Country Chic lotion from Bath & Body Works Sweet Tangerines hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works Orange Tic Tacs and Tropical Trident gum Lots of orange-y goodness. Makes my mouth water. The silver bin I found at Walmart in the aisle with the vases and silk flowers. And the cute chevron orange ribbon is from Hobby Lobby. Cohen's te